Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate- head on over to their blog and sign up.
This week’s topic is Top 10 Mean Girls in Books. There are plenty of snotty mean girl type characters in books – they are usually portrayed as the rich, pretty, stuck-up cheerleader type. Surprisingly, though, it was hard to come up with this list. Some of the girls/women on this list could be considered villains rather than simply mean. In no particular order:
2. Monica Morrell in the Morganville Vampires series by Rachel Caine – Monica bullies the main character Claire and is the classic mean girl.
4. Marcie Millar in the Hush Hush series by Becca Fitzpatrick – Snobby mean girl and Nora’s enemy in the series.
6. Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada – The boss from hell.
7. Regina in Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers – Confession: I own this book but have not read it yet. It is supposed to be a very realistic look at mean girl behavior. Can’t wait to read it.
8. Bellatrix Lestrange from the Harry Potter series – A witch and member of Voldemort’s inner circle who tortures a main character.
9. Cruella de Vil from One Hundred and One Dalmations – She kidnaps puppies to make fur coats!
10. Stacia from the Immortals series by Alyson Noel – the popular girl who hates the main character Ever
Who are the ultimate mean girls on your list?