Top Ten Books I Can’t Wait to Read This Spring
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features a new top ten list each week.
Happy first day of Spring! It’s Spring Break here and appropriately enough this week’s TTT topic is Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read list. This Spring I want to read some of the books on my shelves (and kindle) that I haven’t had a chance to check out yet, along with some Spring new releases.
Listed in no particular order, here are are 10 books I can’t wait to read this Spring:
Books I Own:
1. Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally – I’m not really a football fan, but I like Friday Night Lights, and this looks like a light fun contemporary romance.
2. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons – I think I was burned out on dystopia for a little while but Starters jump-started my interest and I’m ready to tackle this one.
3. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare – After finally reading Clockwork Angel, I’m going to keep the momentum going and listen to the sequel.
4. Truth by Julia Karr – Liked XVI last year and haven’t had a chance to read the sequel yet. Hope that I’ll be able to get up to speed quickly since it’s been so long since I read the first book.
5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica Rossi – Got to meet Veronica at WonderCon last weekend, and listening to her speak about the book and seeing the book trailer enhanced my interest in reading it.
New Spring Releases (Apparently I will have a lot of reading to do the first couple weeks of May!)
6. Insurgent by Veronica Roth – The sequel to Divergent, out May 1. I know you all are sick of hearing me talk about this one!
7. Shine by Jeri Smith-Ready – The final book in the Shade trilogy, out May 1. Have enjoyed the series a lot and can’t wait to see how it all ties together.
8. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson – A Contemporary choice, finally! Loved Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour and can’t wait to check out Matson’s follow-up. Out May 8.
9. Until I Die by Amy Plum -The sequel to Die for Me, also out May 8. More romance and revenants in Paris!
10. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore - The companion book to Graceling and Fire, out May 1.The long wait is almost over!
What are your must-read books this Spring?
Posted on March 20, 2012, in Top Ten Tuesday, Young Adult and tagged Amy Plum, Cassandra Clare, Jeri Smith-Ready, Julia Karr, Kristen Simmons, Kristin Cashore, Miranda Kenneally, Morgan Matson, Top Ten Tuesday, Veronica Rossi, Veronica Roth, Young-adult fiction. Bookmark the permalink. 31 Comments.