Top Ten Books To Make You LOL
Top Ten Tuesday is an awesome feature from The Broke and the Bookish and brings you a new top ten list each week. This week is Top Ten Tuesday freebie week and I’m featuring Books to make you LOL!
Listed in no particular order, here are some LOL recommendations. Most of these I’ve read or listened to and some are on my TBR:
Humorous Memoirs – one of my favorite new categories, especially in audio format:
1. Let’s Pretend This Never Happened by Jenny Lawson – The Bloggess shares stories that prove that truth is stranger than fiction. Many LOL moments that had me sharing her stories to anyone who would listen.
2. Bossypants by Tina Fey – Tales from the trenches of SNL and 30 Rock, as well as witty observations about beauty, weight, and child rearing.
3. Jeneration X by Jen Lancaster – Humorous and sarcastic stories about becoming a grown up, including life lessons that should appeal to Gen-Xers.
4. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling – Insights into the entertainment world from The Office star. She also shares hilarious life observations.
5. Girl Walks Into a Bar…Comedy Calamities, Dating Disasters, and a Midlife Miracle by Rachel Dratch – From SNL to unexpected motherhood, I’m sure Rachel Dratch has some funny stories to tell.
6. Deadly Cool & Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday – I just finished Deadly Cool and I’m reading Social Suicide now. These books are so sharp and funny. They deal with murder mysteries at a high school, so I guess you’d call it black comedy, reminiscent of Heathers.
7. Freshman Year & Other Unnatural Disasters by Meredith Zeitlin – This is another one that made me laugh out loud. A hilarious book about high school, complete with a musical production you will never forget.
8. Jessica’s Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey – A really fun take on the girl meets vampire story. Makes me smile just remembering it.
MG/YA New releases:
9. Three Times Lucky by Sheila Turnage – This MG book sounds so fun and quirky and charming. It’s about a young girl named Mo and her adventures in Tupelo Landing, NC. I’m excited to listen to the audiobook of this one.
10. 52 Reasons To Hate My Father by Jessica Brody- About an heiress forced to work a different low-wage job every week for a year. Sounds cute and funny.
What books make you LOL?
Posted on July 10, 2012, in Top Ten Tuesday, Young Adult and tagged Books, Humor, Jen Lancaster, Jenny Lawson, Memoir, Mindy Kaling, Rachel Dratch, Summer reads, Tina Fey, Top Ten Tuesday, Young-adult fiction. Bookmark the permalink. 25 Comments.