Top Ten Favorite Books I’ve Blogged About
Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features a new top ten list each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Books You’ve Read During The Lifespan Of Your Blog. Wow, this was really hard to decide! I totally cheated and added multiple titles per category in this mix of old and new favorites.
Following are some of my favorite books I’ve read over the past two years:
1. Contemporary – The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver. Both books made me cry and are very special to me. They are also the first books I read by both authors, and now they are both on my auto-buy list.
2. Fantasy – Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor, and The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson. I haven’t read a ton of fantasy, but both of these books stood out for me and I liked them as much as my favorite Maria V. Snyder or Kristin Cashore books.
3. Historical Fiction- Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys. A gorgeous, heart wrenching read.
4. Horror – Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake – A delicious wild ride of a ghost story. I just started reading the sequel Girl of Nightmares and it’s a blast so far.
5. Sci-Fi – Obsidian by Jennifer L. Armentrout, and the Across the Universe series by Beth Revis. Across the Universe is intense and makes you feel like you’re trapped on a spaceship, while Obsidian is just so fun, action-packed and swoon-filled.
6. Dystopia – Insignia by S.J. Kincaid, and Divergent by Veronica Roth. Insignia is top of mind since I recently finished reading it – really cool technology-focused future where soldiers have computers in their brains. Guy POV is done very well too. And, Divergent, what can I say – I compare most of the dystopia I read to this one.
7. Audiobook – Ready Player One by Ernest Cline, read by Wil Wheaton. My go-to audiobook recommendation- part Sci-Fi and 80s nostalgia, it’s a thoroughly entertaining book that’s even better when you listen to Wheaton’s outstanding narration.
8. Romance - Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols, Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins,and The Summer series by Jenny Han. Such a Rush is a recent favorite and got me hooked on Jennifer Echols books. Anna and the French Kiss and the Summer series are contemporary favorites that I’d happily re-read.
9. Middle Grade – Wonder by R.J. Palacio – I’ve read a lot of wonderful middle grade books, but the charming Wonder is the first one that came to my mind. It really tugs at your heartstrings.
10. Vampire Series - The Morganville Vampires by Rachel Caine, and the Vampire Academy/Bloodlines/Georgina Kincaid series by Richelle Mead. Have to give a shout-out to Mead and Caine for writing such consistently good long-running series books. The Morganville Vampire series is still going strong 12 books in, and the Bloodlines series has also gotten off to a great start and builds on the VA series quite nicely.
What are your favorite books you’ve blogged about? Do we have any in common?
Posted on August 20, 2012, in Top Ten Tuesday, Young Adult and tagged Books, favorite books, John Green, Lauren Oliver, Ruta Sepetys, Top Ten Tuesday, Young-adult fiction. Bookmark the permalink. 30 Comments.