Top Ten Bookish Confessions
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s top ten is Bookish Confessions; it’s time for those deep dark secrets to come out.
Here are some of my bookish confessions:
1. Sometimes I can’t get inspired to write book reviews and would just rather read more books (I’m currently 8 reviews behind)
2. I am a tad behind in my NetGalley reads and to catch up would probably need to read only NG books for the rest of the year.
3. I also need to catch up on several last-in-a-series books – I haven’t read the last Hex Hall, Shine, Graceling Realm, Nightshade, or Paranormalcy. I’m in series-ending denial maybe?
4. Even though I have a lot of books at home that I haven’t read yet, that doesn’t stop me from checking out books from the library. Unfortunately I don’t always get a chance to finish my library books before they are due, even though I renew them the maximum number of times.
5. I can’t put down a book in the middle of a chapter. And I have to finish every book I start (so I’m very choosy about the books I read)
6. My pet peeve is very slow paced audiobook narrators. Sometimes I have to speed up the reading speed up to 2x on the audible app to get through the book.
7. I still have not read the Harry Potter series. Sigh. My daughter says I should devote one month to reading them all. Part of me feels that I’ve spoiled the experience by watching the movies first and now I can’t go back. Silly I know.
8. It sometimes makes me anxious to loan out my books because I don’t always get them back or they come back in bad condition.
9. I own the e-book, hardcover, and audiobook versions of some of my favorite books. I don’t know how that happens, but I’m prepared for any favorite-book-reading emergency.
10. My husband would like me to add that I’ll never be able to finish all the books I own. Ha!
So glad I could get that off my chest! Do you have any bookish confessions?