Top Ten Books to Get In The Halloween Spirit
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are listing books that put us in a Halloween mood. Blood and gore is not really what I look for in my escapist reading, though I can appreciate a fun scary read now and again.
These are the books that have caught my eye this Halloween season:
1. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard – Steampunk and Zombies!
2. Ten by Gretchen McNeil - Inspired by Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.
3. Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction edited by Carrie Ryan – Short stories that I’ve been reading for a quick spooky fix.
4. The Dark Heroine by Abigail Gibbs – Sexy, scary, Vampire Romance.
5. The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver – Middle Grade Fantasy reminiscent of Coraline.
6. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan – My first horror read that got me hooked – from here I moved on to Stephen King.
7. Don’t Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon – Scary mystery thriller- such a creepy cover too!
8. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad – Outer Space Horror.
9. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – Vampire romance, witches, and history.
10. Undead by Kirsty McKay – Funny zombie horror!