Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are listing books that put us in a Halloween mood. Blood and gore is not really what I look for in my escapist reading, though I can appreciate a fun scary read now and again.
These are the books that have caught my eye this Halloween season:
1. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard – Steampunk and Zombies!
2. Ten by Gretchen McNeil - Inspired by Agatha Christie’s And Then There Were None.
3. Foretold: 14 Tales of Prophecy and Prediction edited by Carrie Ryan – Short stories that I’ve been reading for a quick spooky fix.
4. The Dark Heroine by Abigail Gibbs – Sexy, scary, Vampire Romance.
5. The Spindlers by Lauren Oliver – Middle Grade Fantasy reminiscent of Coraline.
6. I Know What You Did Last Summer by Lois Duncan – My first horror read that got me hooked – from here I moved on to Stephen King.
7. Don’t Turn Around by Michelle Gagnon – Scary mystery thriller- such a creepy cover too!
8. 172 Hours on the Moon by Johan Harstad – Outer Space Horror.
9. A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness – Vampire romance, witches, and history.
10. Undead by Kirsty McKay – Funny zombie horror!