Top Ten Books I Read in 2012
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are listing our favorite reads of the year! I’ve been reluctant to start counting down my favorites since I still have books to read in these last two weeks, but I’m happy with this list. I included all the books that were unputdownable for me this year. In no particular order:
1. Easy by Tammara Webber – I’ve re-read this one and listened to the audiobook. One of my favorite New Adult reads and it really struck a chord with me. Review
2. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green – I read this almost a year ago and knew it would be one of my favorites. Review
3. Just One Day by Gayle Forman – Okay, so this book isn’t even out yet, but I loved it and couldn’t leave it off the list. It’s Stephanie Perkins-esque and as emotional and romantic as Forman’s If I Stay books. Review to follow soon.
4. The Sea of Tranquility by Katja Millay – My most recent read, and definitely deserving of all the praise it’s been receiving. I need to let the book simmer a while before I attempt a review.
5. Speechless by Hannah Harrington - Harrington’s sophomore outing tackles such relevant topics as bullying, tolerance, and sexuality. A new auto-buy contemporary author. Review
6. Every Day by David Levithan – Probably my favorite Levithan book. Lots to think about with this one. Review
7. Cinder by Marissa Meyer – Smart, fun and endearing sci-fi fairytale. Also one of my favorite audiobooks of the year. Review
8. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn – This book is so crazy – and the mystery has so many twists and turns. I couldn’t put it down. Review
9. Such a Rush by Jennifer Echols – A new favorite new adult romance author – so good! The sexual tension is off the charts. Review
10. Live Through This by Mindi Scott - Haunting and gripping, and such a worthwhile read. Review
Shout-out to all the series books I enjoyed this year that should be on their own list: Slammed & Point of Retreat, Effortless & Thoughtless, Hallowed, The Golden Lily, Until I Die, Insurgent, Onyx, Bitter Blood, and Pandemonium.
What are your favorite books of the year?
Posted on December 17, 2012, in Top Ten Tuesday, Young Adult and tagged Books, David Levithan, Gillian Flynn, Jennifer Echols, John Green, Reading, Top Ten Tuesday, Young-adult fiction. Bookmark the permalink. 48 Comments.