Top Ten Bookish Goals for 2013
Top Ten Tuesday is brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish. It’s easier for me to make lists of the books I want to read than come up with general reading goals, but I’ll give it a shot. I basically just want to continue making blogging and reading fun for me and to not put too much pressure on myself in terms of goals. With that in mind here are a few items on my mind for the year:
1. Continue to utilize the library and read the books I check out – I’m good about putting new releases on hold and checking them out (and renewing the maximum # of times) but many times books will go back to the library unread. I need to make reading them a priority.
2. Read the books on my “resolve to read” list – These are all books I have in my possession and I don’t want to forget about them in favor of new releases. I’d love to check off this goal at the end of year, and it’s achievable if I read one book from the list per month.
3. Write down review / thoughts right after reading a book – I am so behind on reviews it’s not even funny. I need to get into the groove of reviewing right after I finish a book.
4. Don’t over-commit, it’s OK to say no. – Leave some flexibility in my blogging schedule so I’m not over-scheduled. Don’t commit to too many promotional posts.
5. Schedule more posts ahead of time for some breathing room – I started using a basic calendar to plan out my blog schedule, and I’d love to get to the point where I have posts saved up and I’m not stressing the night before.
6. Catch up on series books – I’m behind on so many sequels and I don’t want to get too far behind where I’ll never catch up.
7. Visit new blogs and comment more consistently – I appreciate everyone that comments on my blog so much. Unfortunately when I don’t have a lot of time this is the area that I cut back on, and I want to make this more of a priority again.
8. Catch up on the books, e-books and audiobooks I already own – THIS! I would love to make a dent in the TBR pile.
9. Read more books out of my comfort zone – I started branching out a little into memoirs, more New Adult/Adult books and I want to continue to try new genres and read lesser-known books.
10. Give myself the flexibility to read what I want or reread an old favorite. Don’t stress! – Ultimately I’m a mood reader and I need to give myself permission to go with that instinct. And if a book is not rocking my world I need to be able to put it down and move on to something else.
This is the third year I’ve made bookish/blogging goals and they’ve gotten less and less ambitious each year and I think that’s OK.
Do you have any bookish goals this year?
Posted on January 8, 2013, in Top Ten Tuesday, Young Adult and tagged Bookish resolutions, Books, Reading, Reading Challenges, Top Ten Tuesday, Young-adult fiction. Bookmark the permalink. 23 Comments.