Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. I’m so in need of some light and fun recs right now, so I’m happy to see this week’s topic. I like lighter reads in the spring/summer or anytime I need a little cheering up. Not all of these books are non-stop laugh riots but they have a good blend of laughter, depth, and romance.
On the list are some of my favorite comfort reads, and some more recent faves:
2. The Reece Malcolm List by Amy Spalding – Really touching read about a new mother daughter relationship, musical theater, romance, and Los Angeles. I wanted to read it again as soon as I finished. (Review)
4. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick – This is not LOL funny, but there are some heart-warming moments, and I’m in love with the Garrett family. I recently re-read as an audiobook and it is a new favorite comfort read. As far as I know this is a standalone book but it would be cool if Fitzpatrick would write a companion book. (Review)
6. This is What Happy Looks Like by Jennifer E. Smith – I’m reading this right now and it’s very cute. Just what the doctor ordered. Great setting, romance and laughs.
7. Losing It by Cora Carmack – A funny, sexy NA novel. If you haven’t clicked with a NA book, don’t give up yet- Carmack has a fresh and witty voice. The companion book Faking it is a treat as well. (Review)
9. How Zoe Made Her Dreams (Mostly) Come True by Sarah Strohmeyer - Just started this one because it looks like the very definition of light and fun. It’s about a girl who works at a Fairyland theme park with a boss from hell.
10. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling – Humorous memoirs are always fun comfort reads for me. I’ve read this book and listened to the audio but haven’t reviewed it yet – oops! If you are a fan of The Mindy Project like I am you need to check this out. Mindy has a great sense of humor.
What are your favorite light and fun comfort reads?