Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate- head on over to their blog and sign up.
This week’s topic is to list the top ten books we hope Santa brings. I rarely receive books as gifts, and I suppose it is hard to shop for books for someone that reads a lot. It was actually harder than I thought it would be to make this list. I tend to look forward to new releases releasing months from now, but this list got me to think about what books that are out now that I want to read. And I even ended up placing holds on some of these with the library!
I would be thrilled if Santa left any of these books under the tree:
6. Love and Leftovers by Sarah Tregay – I fell in love with verse novels this year and want to read more of them. This one sounds quirky and fun. It will be released shortly after Christmas on Dec. 27.
7. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – Everyone who has read this book loves it and it’s time I stopped dragging my heels and read it already.
8. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys – Have heard great things about this book, and it sounds like an amazing read.
9. The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories by Joseph Gordon-Levitt – This book looks so cute! It’s a stocking stuffer type book with very short stories and illustrations.
10. Sloppy Firsts by Megan McCafferty – The Jessica Darling series is one that many bloggers fell in love with this year, on the tenth anniversary of the first book. I want to catch up on this series next year with the Contemporary challenge.
What books are you hoping to receive?