Top Ten Books I Can’t Wait to Read This Spring

Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features a new top ten list each week.

Happy first day of Spring! It’s Spring Break here and appropriately enough this week’s TTT topic is Top Ten Books On My Spring To-Be-Read list. This Spring I want to read some of the books on my shelves (and kindle) that I haven’t had a chance to check out yet, along with some Spring new releases.

Listed in no particular order, here are are 10 books I can’t wait to read this Spring:

Books I Own:

1. Catching Jordan by Miranda KenneallyI’m not really a football fan, but I like Friday Night Lights, and this looks like a light fun contemporary romance.

2. Article 5 by Kristen Simmons – I think I was burned out on dystopia for a little while but Starters jump-started my interest and I’m ready to tackle this one.

3. Clockwork Prince by Cassandra ClareAfter finally reading Clockwork Angel, I’m going to keep the momentum going and listen to the sequel.

4. Truth by Julia Karr – Liked XVI last year and haven’t had a chance to read the sequel yet. Hope that I’ll be able to get up to speed quickly since it’s been so long since I read the first book.

5. Under the Never Sky by Veronica RossiGot to meet Veronica at WonderCon last weekend, and listening to her speak about the book and seeing the book trailer enhanced my interest in reading it.

New Spring Releases (Apparently I will have a lot of reading to do the first couple weeks of May!)

6. Insurgent by Veronica Roth – The sequel to Divergent, out May 1. I know you all are sick of hearing me talk about this one!

7. Shine by Jeri Smith-ReadyΒ  – The final book in the Shade trilogy, out May 1. Have enjoyed the series a lot and can’t wait to see how it all ties together.

8. Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson – A Contemporary choice, finally! Loved Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour and can’t wait to check out Matson’s follow-up. Out May 8.

9. Until I Die by Amy Plum -The sequel to Die for Me, also out May 8. More romance and revenants in Paris!

10. Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore The companion book to Graceling and Fire, out May 1.The long wait is almost over!

What are your must-read books this Spring?

31 thoughts on “Top Ten Books I Can’t Wait to Read This Spring

1. Under The Never Sky looks so good. And Insurgent is so pretty!

2. Fire was just awesome so I’m totally looking forward to Bitterblue. And Catching Jordan. Great list=D

Drop by mine?

3. karlaamae says:

Catching Jordan is a good one! πŸ™‚

4. VeganYANerds says:

I am definitely looking forward to Insurgent, bring on June! And I have Clockwork Prince but still haven’t found time to read it. You chose some great books!

5. Lori says:

I’m so, so excited for Second Chance Summer and In Honor and Bittblure and Shine….and all of them. πŸ™‚ Great list!

6. Article 5 looks SO good! Under the Never Sky is on my list too. Bitterblue is one I’m dying for!! I really need to try Die for Me after seeing everyone gush about getting book 2. Here’s our Top 10 this week! Happy Reading!

7. tinalinatime says:

Okay, so my list would have totally had Insurgent on it if I hadn’t just focused on books to read over my Spring Break. I also need to read Fire so I can read Bitterblue! Also, the cover for Until I Die is gorgeous! I hope you get to all your list!

8. Hollie says:

I loved Clockwork Prince! I really hope that Second Chance Summer is just as good as Amy and Roger. I have high expectations, haha! Plus – INSURGENT! I need to get my hands on that asap!

My Top Ten Tuesday

9. Miss Anderson says:

Did you read Clockwork Angel as an audio book? I’m considering giving that series a go, and audio might be the right way for me to do it. What did you think of it? And, just out of curiosity, when you say some of these are on your Kindle — do you buy them and get to them later, or do you have the samples on there waiting to be bought? Lately I’ve been buying cheap Nook books and they are just sitting around waiting to be read, while I have lots of samples I’m using as placeholders to remind me to read other books. I wonder how others organize it.

And I’m right there with you with Insurgent. Can’t wait!

1. Lucy says:

I did listen to the Clockwork Angel audiobook. The narrator is excellent and does all the different character voices, but reads a little slow. All in all I’m glad I listened to the audio even though it’s 14 hours and took me a couple weeks to get through. Clockwork Prince has two new narrators, and I’m just about to start that one.

On my kindle I own 4 of the 5 books on the Books I Own portion above (and CP audiobook). I usually just check reviews first or since it’s a series or familiar author I feel OK with just buying their books. Rarely do I download the samples, but that’s a great idea to use them as placeholders. My kindle is in desperate need of organization actually. It’s hard to “browse” my shelves on the kindle at the moment!

Yes, Insurgent, finally!

10. BermudaOnion says:

I’ve got a couple of those in my TBR pile. I hope you find the time to read all of them this spring.

11. Oooh! Great list! I want to read some of those RIGHT NOW (Until I Die, Bitterblue). I think I’ll check out Amy and Roger’s Epic Detour in the meantime. πŸ™‚ Thanks for sharing!

1. Lucy says:

Think you will really like Amy & Roger, Debbi! Nice to see see another Die for Me fan too πŸ™‚

1. Just downloaded a sample of Amy & Roger to my Kindle. Looks good so far! πŸ™‚ I also pre-ordered Until I Die just now! πŸ˜‰

1. Lucy says:

Yay, I have to get on that too!

12. Just judging by the cover, that second chance summer book looks really good!

Here’s my list: http://julie999.blogspot.com/2012/03/ten-books-i-want-to-read-this-spring.html

13. Candice says:

Oh, I forgot about Clockwork Prince when I was making my own list! Grr… So many good books out there! I haven’t started my obsession with Insurgent coming out, but I can feel it starting in my bones… watch out blog world! πŸ™‚

14. I’m glad I’m not the only one with Catching Jordan on my list, ha ha!

AND OH MY GODDDD BITTERBLUE. I am so freakin excited for that book. SO SO EXCITED.

Fan-freakin’-tastic list, Lucy!

15. Vyki says:

Great list! I love the covers for Until I Die and Die for Me, they are books I’d read just based on the covers. A few more on here I’ll be adding to my TBR pile πŸ™‚ Here’s mine: http://whatsontheshelf.wordpress.com/2012/03/20/top-ten-tuesday-10/

16. I loved Article 5 and Under the Never Sky, great picks! I just started Bitterblue and am loving it so far!!

1. Lucy says:

Ooh that’s great to hear, Carole! Can’t wait to read all three books.

17. Elizabeth says:

I’m also excited for Insurgent and Article 5. I have to admit I’m curious about Catching Jordan, since I keep seeing it everywhere and people mention it has something to do with football. I am a proper Texan in one respect- I love football!

18. beckireads says:

The covers look absolutely amazing.

19. Carissa says:

Great list! I have Article 5 and Insurgent on mine too. I also can’t wait for Bitterblue! I really enjoyed Under the Never Sky.

20. Article 5 looks good! And I can’t wait for Last Chance Summer as well, I loved Amy & Roger!

21. Joss Arden says:

I am so looking forward to Bitterblue! I’ve been itching to read it forever.

22. Quinn says:

Nice list! Clockwork Prince is good. I can’t wait until Clockwork Princess is released!

23. Great list! Almost all of these are on my TBR list. I can’t wait to read Second Chance Summer! (:

24. Yes! I totally should have Clockwork Prince on my list too.. lol.. Until I Die, for sure! Great list Lucy!! πŸ™‚

Michele | Top 10

25. Kelsey says:

Good selection for the spring! I have under the never sky coming in from the library soon, happy reading!

26. Gone Pecan says:

I loved Article 5!! Great story though the lead was a bit typical angsty teenaged girl. I still think you will like it. ~maggie