Mailbox Monday #8

Mailbox Monday is the brainchild of Marcia of the Mailbox Monday book blog, and now is hosted by a new blog each month. Join in to share your book loot and discover some new book blogs. Marie at Burton Book Review is the host for the month of June, so check in there to get the weekly low-down.

These are the books I received last week:

Bought:

This is Not a Test by Courtney Summers – Quite a departure for this author, and I can’t wait to see what she does with zombies. The book trailer is quite intense!

Past Perfect by Leila Sales – I hear this is a great feel-good book. Bring it on!

Audiobooks for Review: A surprise package from the awesome team at Penguin Audio

The Chaperone by Laura Moriarty, Narrated by Elizabeth McGovern  – Have been hearing good things about this historical fiction, and I’m excited to experience it in audio.

Kiss the Dead by Laurell K. Hamilton, Narrated by Kimberly Alexis- Book 21 of the Anita Blake, Vampire Hunter series.

I Hate Everyone…Starting with Me by Joan Rivers, Narrated by Joan Rivers – I’m sure the outspoken Joan will have a lot to say. Should be entertaining.

Library:

See You At Harry’s by Jo Knowles – Sounds like a lovely middle grade book and I was glad to find it at the library.

Perception by Kim Harrington – I liked the first book Clarity pretty well and I hear the sequel is even better.

Social Suicide by Gemma Halliday – Checked this out as a kindle library book, and it’s the sequel to Deadly Cool.

Croak by Gina Damico – I like these funny horror books and everyone seems to enjoy Croak.

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick by Joe Schreiber – Looks silly and fun- couldn’t resist picking it up.

Sync YA free audiobook downloads of the week:

Irises by Francisco X. Stork, Narrated by Carrington McDuffle – I love books about sisters.

Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen, Narrated by Wanda McCaddon – Looking forward to revisiting this classic.

Have a great week!

22 thoughts on “Mailbox Monday #8

1. shannonjoe says:

I always love seeing what books you have since we have some of the same interests! See you at Harry’s, Past Perfect, and This is not a Test all look fabulous! Thanks for making my TBR list grow and grow and grow….

Shannon

2. You have a crazy ton of books. They look awesome.

3. kay says:

Great haul! I enjoyed Perception and Past Perfect and I hope you do, too. I got This Is not a Test too and I can’t wait to read it. Happy reading!

4. I’ve heard really great things about See You at Harry’s! I really need to read Kim Harrington’s books sometime. They sound great. Enjoy all your new reads.

5. Mystica says:

The Chaperone is the one I am eyeing!

6. Kaye says:

Nice week for your mailbox. Have a good week and enjoy all your new books!

7. RAnn says:

Nice selection. Enjoy

8. I’m curious about Past Perfect…and I really enjoyed The Chaperone. Hope you do, too.

Here’s MY MONDAY MEMES POST

9. BermudaOnion says:

Wow, what a week! I can’t decide if I’m interested in the Joan Rivers book or not.

10. harvee says:

I’d love to sit down with all your books and have a good read. Enjoy them all!

11. Brittany says:

Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick – Just the title sounds fun!

12. I just ordered This is Not A Test, it sounds so scary. Great books Lucy!

13. Leslie says:

Nice list. I received some audiobooks from Penguin too. I’m looking forward to The Chaperone, it’s been receiving great reviews.

14. I’m glad I’m not the only one who still reads Anita 😉
    I LOVED Past Perfect!!! LOVED!

15. paigebradish says:

I’m so jealous of This Is Not A Test it looks so good! I hope you enjoy everything you got this week. Here’s my IMM!

~Paige @ Comfort Books

16. Amazing haul this week Lucy! I got This is Not a Test this week myself and I thoroughly enjoyed Past Perfect and Sense and Sensibility, so I can’t wait to see what you think of them. Happy Reading!(:

~Keertana
    Ivy Book Bindings

17. I’ve heard good things about The Chaperone, and I’ve never listened to Austen, so I’m curious about that one. Happy reading!

18. Mary says:

I can’t wait to listen to The Chaperone. Enjoy all your new books!

19. sawcat says:

I am looking forward to This is Not a Test also, it sounds very interesting. Hope you enjoy your new books!

20. Shoshanah says:

I have Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick too. With such a name I just couldn’t pass it up. Although I haven’t actually had a chance to read it yet.

21. reutreads says:

I think you’ll see that This is Not a Test doesn’t really differ so much from Summers’s contemporary books. Au Revoir, Crazy European Chick was a lot of fun, and so was Croak! I liked Croak a lot more, though. Happy reading!