Waiting On Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Waiting on WednesdayWaiting on Wednesday is a weekly event brought to you by Breaking the Spine where we spotlight upcoming books we can’t wait to read.

I read two books by Rainbow Rowell this year, and we have a little wait for the next book, but at least we have a cover and a description to tide us over.

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Publication Date: July 8, 2014 from St. Martin’s Press

Book Info: Author * Goodreads * BookLikes * Amazon

Title Summary:

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Georgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble. That it’s been in trouble for a long time. She still loves her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply — but that almost seems besides the point now.

Maybe that was always besides the point.

Two days before they’re supposed to visit Neal’s family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can’t go. She’s a TV writer, and something’s come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her — Neal is always a little upset with Georgie — but she doesn’t expect to him to pack up the kids and go home without her.

When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she’s finally done it. If she’s ruined everything.

That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It’s not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she’s been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts . . .

Is that what she’s supposed to do?

Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened? (source: publisher)

I like that Rainbow writes for both YA and Adult, and that her books are accessible to so many readers. And they are all set in Nebraska, so it would be cool if some of the characters would crossover to other books. Landline, like 2011’s Attachments, is an adult title. It sounds like the main character gets to revisit the past to try to save her marriage. Maybe there’s a magical rotary phone that acts as a time machine! Landline has such a fab cover too- definitely one to pick up in print.

What book are you eagerly anticipating this week?

16 thoughts on “Waiting On Landline by Rainbow Rowell

1. Glass says:

I’ve heard only good things about this author – especially Fangirl. Great pick.

Glass @ Way Too Hot Books

2. BermudaOnion says:

Oh man, I didn’t know she has a new book coming out. I must have it!!

3. Interesting pick. Thanks for sharing 🙂

My WoW

4. I kind of feel like I’d read ANYTHING she writes at this point. She’s definitely been on my “auto-buy” since I read Eleanor & Park last October. We gush about her today too 😉

5. Tammy Sparks says:

This looks so cute, and I love the “old” phone on the cover:)

6. I’ve loved all of RR’s books so much! I can’t wait for this one!

7. I loved Attachments, and now I have to read this one. Love the premise….and that it’s an adult book. I still haven’t read her YA books, but I may try them, too. Thanks for sharing…and for visiting my blog.

8. Candice says:

Can’t wait! I still need to read Attachments. I love Rainbow’s books oh so much!

9. Andy Estrada says:

Seems like everybody is waiting for this one. Great pick! 🙂

Our WoW
    Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

10. I <3 Rainbow Rowell! I can't wait for Landline!

11. Andi ABCs says:

Rainbow Rowell writes it…I want it!

WoW Book

12. Quinn says:

I’ve read ALL Rainbow Rowell’s books this year, and seriously she’s one of my favorite authors now. I feel like I would read anything by her. I wouldn’t even need to read the description of the book. If it’s got her name on it, I need it.

I love the cover for Landline, too!

13. squee1313 says:

Rainbow Rowell is an author I’ll read every time without waiting for a review or a suggestion. Her books never disappoint. I just read the Fan Fiction one and I always want to love and cuddle her books when they’re done. Can’t wait for this one.

14. Lisa says:

I actually haven’t read anything by Rainbow Rowell yet. I have Fangirl checked out from the library right now, though. I hope to read that soon. I don’t read very much adult, but this is definitely one I’ll be looking out for.

15. Oooh, I hadn’t seen the cover for this yet! I’m so excited for it — I love all of Rainbow’s books, and she is so fab.