This is the time of year to reflect on the favorite books of the year. I’ve been putting off making the list as long as possible just in case some more favorites sneak in. And, what do you know- one of the books on the list I just finished yesterday. Making the list I noticed more contemporary titles at the top of the list. Last year was the year I was hooked on paranormal and dystopian, but now contemporary is becoming one of my favorite genres.
These are my top 10 favorite reads of the year, listed in reverse reading order:
5. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park – Smart, witty, surprising, romantic and charming. Read it!
6. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – I know this book is not for everyone, but I found the story very gripping and powerful. Couldn’t put it down.
7. Blood Red Road by Moira Young – A unique voice, original, fast paced and action packed.
8. Divergent by Veronica Roth – Great story and characters. One I enjoyed so much I read the book, and later listened to the audiobook (also excellent).
9. Chime by Franny Billingsley – Magical, unique and funny. I loved all the quirky characters, the beautiful writing and the inventive story.
10. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab – Gorgeous, eerie, and captivating. Loved this suspenseful fairytale-like story.
Did any of these books make your list? Any books you recommend I check out?