I’m counting down some of my favorite book categories of 2013, and today’s category is New Adult! My New Adult reading slowed down this year. There were some disappointments that made me a little pickier with my choices. But, there also were some books that impressed me and gave me hope for the future of NA. I did not have any trouble coming up with a top ten, and I’m hopeful that 2014 will be even better, as NA evolves.
My favorite New Adult books (in random order) are:
1. Unteachable by Leah Raeder – Believe the hype on this one, guys! This is a student-teacher forbidden romance story that will keep you up late reading.
2. One & Only by Viv Daniels – College romance from one of the pioneers of New Adult! One & Only features a realistic college setting and swoon-worthy romance.
3. Sweet by Erin McCarthy – I’m liking the True Believers series more and more, and as I said in my review of Sweet, “Riley and Jessica defy stereotypes and their romance sizzles.”
4. Stir Me Up by Sabrina Elkins – This one is borderline YA/NA and is about the romance between an aspiring chef and the wounded ex-Marine who comes to live with her family. Sweet and spicy!
5. Finding It by Cora Carmack – Carmack’s writing is raw, witty and mature, and her Losing It series takes a leap in Finding It, about two damaged people that find each other.
6. All of You by Christina Lee – This book is unconventional for NA and features a girl who just wants casual relationships and a guy who wants something real.
7. Rush Me by Allison Parr – An opposites attract sports romance featuring a football player and a girl who works in publishing.
8. Letters to Nowhere by Julie Cross – This sweet sports/grief/romance book is about a gymnast who falls for her coach’s son.
9. Price of a Kiss by Linda Kage - An unlikely pairing (college girl and gigolo) that is surprisingly root-worthy!
10. Lick by Kylie Scott – A girl wakes up in Vegas married to a rock star- sounds cliché but Scott’s writing makes this one addictive romance.
Those are my New Adult favorites – what are yours?