Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are listing our favorite new-to-me authors of the year! I read some debuts I loved and also read some YA powerhouse authors for the first time.
1. Ellen Hopkins – I just recently read Collateral and was thoroughly impressed. I hope more readers give that book a try and I can’t wait to dive into Hopkins’ previous books.
2. Tammara Webber - Easy is one of my favorite reads of 2012, and probably the only book I’ve re-read this year!
3. Sarah Dessen - I read my first Dessen books this year finally, and she is deserving of the queen of contemporary YA title. Can’t wait to read The Moon and More!
5. Tara Kelly – Tara Kelly incorporates music into her contemporary books, and music and YA are a great match in my book. So glad Kelly is writing a sequel to Amplified!
6. S.C. Stephens – I read Thoughtless and Effortless back to back and had a little book hangover afterwards. Her characters really stuck with me and sometimes you just need a good angsty series like this.
7. Marissa Meyer – Cinder is such a breath of fresh air, so unique and fun. I loaned out my copy of Scarlet and hear it’s another winner. Hope I get to read it soon!
8. Trish Doller – I liked Doller’s debut Something Like Normal a lot – good male POV about a soldier returning home from Afghanistan. One of my favorite contemporary reads this year.
9. Gillian Flynn – I couldn’t put down Gone Girl- what a crazy, wild ride! And Flynn is writing a YA book now, so that’s something to look forward to.