Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This is a TTT freebie week, and with summer fast approaching I’ve got travel on the mind. My summer vacation plans aren’t firmed up yet, but in the meantime I can at least travel with books. Some of these are my faves and some are on my own summer reading list!
Get your motor running with these road trip books:
1. The Disenchantments by Nina LaCour – An all-girl band goes hits the road in a borrowed turquoise VW bus to tour the Pacific Northwest. The book is told from the male POV of Colby, their friend/manager.
2. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson – This is a cross-country road trip from California to Connecticut with Amy and Roger. Amy is grieving her father’s death, and she unexpectedly starts crushing on her travel companion, Roger. This book gives you the whole road trip experience with mix tapes, and supplemental material like receipts, and state trivia.
3. How My Summer Went Up in Flames by Jennifer Salvato Doktorski – Rosie’s parents send her away on a road trip with neighbor Matty and two friends to put some distance between her and her ex (a guy who’s car she just set on fire.)
4. Paper Towns by John Green – Quentin’s search for Margo leads him on an adventurous road trip.
5. Right of Way by Lauren Barnholdt – Companion book to Two-Way Street- this is about Jace and Peyton, exes who end up on a road trip together.
6. The Miles Between by Mary E. Pearson –This is about a group of teens that leave their boarding school for a road trip and day of fun.
7. You Are Here by Jennifer E. Smith – I know this author from Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight but she has several books under her belt. Emma and her neighbor Peter venture on a road trip for different reasons, and find more than they bargained for.
8. Take Me There by Carolee Dean – Bad boy Dylan falls for “out of his league” Jess but is on the run from a bad situation.
9. Wanderlove by Kristin Hubbard – International travel, anyone? Bria finds herself while backpacking Central America.
10. Unbreak My Heart by Melissa Walker – Break up the monotony of the road with a boat trip! Heartbroken Clementine is on a sailboat with her parents all summer and meets James at one of the stops along the river.
Are you taking any road trips this summer, or traveling vicariously through books?