Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Top Ten Series I Haven’t Finished. I do love my series books and they are my comfort reads. But sometimes for whatever reason series books can’t compete with other books – time passes and it’s hard to reconnect. There are so many series books I’m behind on I should probably have a series catch-up month.
Listed in no particular order, here are some of series books I’m behind on, dropped, or am on the fence about:
1. Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris – I’m only one book behind in this series, but I’m still invested enough to want to see how the series ends. I’ll probably read the last two books back to back.
2. Hex Hall trilogy by Rachel Hawkins – I’ve read 2 out of the 3 books, and I’m not sure why I haven’t read the last book of the trilogy Spell Bound yet. I think the so-so reviews put me off a bit, though I plan to read it at some point. Is it true that there’s going to be a spin-off series?
3. Caster Chronicles series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl – I read Beautiful Creatures, and I own books 2 and 3 but haven’t started them. I hear the books get better and better but I’m not sure when I will get the chance to catch up on these 500+ page books. Maybe the movie will reinvigorate my interest in the series.
4. Pretty Little Liars series by Sara Shepard – I read the first 8 books and thought that was the end- but then the series was extended for 4 more books. Anyone read the last few books – should I pick this series up again?
5. Nightshade trilogy by Andrea Cremer- I’ve only read the first book, though I liked it enough to pick up the other 2 books in the trilogy, and I have Rift to get through as well.
6. Shade trilogy by Jeri Smith-Ready – I liked Shade and Shift a lot and I think I’ve just procrastinated reading the final book Shine.
7. Personal Demons trilogy by Lisa Desrochers – The first two books in the series I liked okay, but I think I just lost momentum with the series and didn’t buy the final book Last Rite.
8. Night Huntress series by Jeaniene Frost – I stopped reading this series after the fourth book. I like the adventures of Cat and Bones but I needed to take a break from the series.
9. Matched series by Ally Condie – I liked Matched, but really struggled through the second book Crossed, and I’m just going to have to stop there.
10. The Fallen, Hush Hush, Immortals, Blue Bloods, and House of Night series- Abandoned – just ended up being not for me.
Should I give any of these series another chance or cut my losses?