Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week is a TTT freebie week, and my topic is holiday books. 2012 has been a very challenging year for me, and I think I need to pull out all the stops to get in the holiday spirit this season. Hopefully some of these books will do the trick!
I know we were just talking about Halloween books so this post may be premature for a lot of readers. But, I don’t see holiday themed books listed in any upcoming TTT topics so I had to go for it with freebie week. I’ll just have to be the annoying book blogger that puts out the holiday books too early 🙂 Since I love a kindle deal, I noted the price when it is under $4.
Some of these holiday reads are old favorites, and there are also several I hope to check out this year:
1. Let it Snow: Three Holiday Romances by John Green, Maureen Johnson, and Lauren Myracle – I read this book last year and it’s really sweet; my favorite is Jubilee Express by Maureen Johnson. Hope there will be time for a reread.
2. Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater – Not Christmasy per se, but it is a wintery book, and it’s on the list for sentimental reasons. It’s also my favorite of the Wolves of Mercy Falls books.
3. Dash & Lily’s Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn & David Levithan – Very funny and kinda romantic holiday book, and one of my all-time favorites. Good audiobook too, and I’ll probably listen to it while I’m wrapping gifts and cooking this year.
4. Decked with Holly by Marni Bates – This is a new Fall title, and it’s the sequel to Awkward, and it sounds really cute and funny. I’m going to try to read both books back to back.
5. Jane’s Gift by Karen Erickson – A holiday romance novella about a woman who loses almost everything in a house fire, including her husband. Later she finds romance with the fire captain. A new release that’s only $2.99 for kindle.
6. Ex-Mas by Kate Brian -Road trip + Romance + Christmas = holiday goodness
7. Snowed Over by Angie Stanton – I was searching for a holiday New Adult title and finally found this novella. It’s a road trip book about two college students heading home for the holidays. Same formula for success as #6! And only $2.99 for kindle.
9. Mistletoe: Four Holiday Stories by Hailey Abbott, Melissa de la Cruz, Aimee Friedman, Nina Malkin – Romantic short stories set around the holidays. Hope they’re as good as the stories in Let it Snow.