Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are talking about our Auto-Buy Authors. I was looking back at the authors I chose for this topic a couple years ago. Many of the authors still hold as auto-buy so I guess I’m very loyal to my favorites. To keep things interesting I’m not going to duplicate any authors on this list. I included authors that I’ve read 3 or more books from the past few years.
Here are ten of my favorite Auto-Buy Authors:
1. Rainbow Rowell – I have all of Rainbow’s books (in audio and print) and have preordered her latest Carry On. My kid and I both read Rainbow’s books so she is an easy one to auto-buy. I know she writes for an adult audience as well and that’s just icing on the cake.
2. Sarah J. Maas – Sarah Maas is one of the only authors that writes fantasy that makes the auto-buy cut for me. Rather than auto-read her books though- I’d consider the Throne of Glass series auto-listens. I love Elizabeth Evans’ narration and can’t wait to listen to Queen of Shadows. I think this series would appeal to many contemporary fans too- so much to enjoy about this series.
3. Cynthia Hand – Speaking of fantasy authors, I fell for Cynthia Hand’s Unearthly series but was thrilled when she wrote a contemporary novel this year (The Last Time We Say Goodbye.) She really can bring on the emotion in her books. I look forward to next summer’s My Lady Jane, co-authored with Brodi Ashton and Jodie Meadows. It’s described as “a comic, romantic and fantastical retelling of the story of the Lady Jane Grey,” told in the vein of The Princess Bride.
4. A.S. King – A.S. King marches to the beat of her own drummer and I love it. She writes about LGBT characters, feminist issues, and has fun with magical realism. I’m eager to check out her latest I Crawl Through It.
6. Huntley Fitzpatrick – Huntley Fitzpatrick are perfect summer reads with a great seaside setting and interesting, flawed characters. I (re)read all three of her books this summer and found new things to appreciate about them. (Her latest The Boy Most Likely To is on sale today!)
7. Morgan Matson – Morgan Matson’s books have great emotional depth and include strong friendships as well as romance. I can’t wait to read her next book The Unexpected Everything (due out next May- so far away!)
8. Christina Lauren – I still haven’t read this writing duo’s YA offerings but I am addicted to their adult Beautiful and Wild Seasons series’. I’m patiently waiting for my preorder of Dark Wild Night to arrive.
9. Tammara Webber – The Contours of the Heart series is one of my favorites in NA, and I recently binge read Tammara Webber’s Between the Lines series too. Can’t wait for her next book (I hear it’s a spinoff of a character from Easy).
Who are your favorite auto-buy / auto-read authors?