Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate- head on over to their blog and sign up.
This week’s topic is Top 10 Books I Resolve to Read in 2011!
Listed in no particular order, here is my list of top 10 books I resolve to read this year. These are all books I own and that I have not had a chance to read over the last year:
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – This one has been highly recommended and sounds very unique.
2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – Want to read this before the movie comes out. I hear it’s great.
3. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves – This is one of my first kindle book purchases, and I meant to read it for the debut author challenge. The reviews mention how crazy and strange it is and I must read it for myself!
4. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare – I want to read this one for the steampunk elements, and to catch up on the Clockwork series before the next book comes out.
5. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh – I saw this one a few times on year-end top ten lists and it sounds intense and has a great premise.
6. Mistwood by Leah Cypess – This looks like a great fantasy book that hopefully is similar to Kristin Cashore’s books. There is a sequel coming out in the spring.
7. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder – This is a dystopian book from one of my favorite authors, and I have the sequel from NetGalley. I’m very eager to read this.
8. The Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink – I really enjoyed the first book in this series Prophecy of the Sisters, and am looking forward to reading the follow-up.
9. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman – I have never read a book by Neil Gaiman, and have owned this one for quite some time. This book comes highly recommended.
10. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – Sounds like one of the better YA werewolf books, and I’m eager to read it.
I think I will try to read The Book Thief first – no more procrastinating! Have you read any of these books – which one do you think I should read first? What books do you resolve to read this year?