Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Resolve to Read in 2011

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate- head on over to their blog and sign up.

This week’s topic is Top 10 Books I Resolve to Read in 2011!

Listed in no particular order, here is my list of top 10 books I resolve to read this year. These are all books I own and that I have not had a chance to read over the last year:

1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – This one has been highly recommended and sounds very unique.

2. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen – Want to read this before the movie comes out. I hear it’s great.

3. Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves – This is one of my first kindle book purchases, and I meant to read it for the debut author challenge. The reviews mention how crazy and strange it is and I must read it for myself!

4. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare – I want to read this one for the steampunk elements, and to catch up on the Clockwork series before the next book comes out.

5. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh – I saw this one a few times on year-end top ten lists and it sounds intense and has a great premise.

6. Mistwood by Leah Cypess – This looks like a great fantasy book that hopefully is similar to Kristin Cashore’s books. There is a sequel coming out in the spring.

7. Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder – This is a dystopian book from one of my favorite authors, and I have the sequel from NetGalley. I’m very eager to read this.

8. The Guardian of the Gate by Michelle Zink – I really enjoyed the first book in this series Prophecy of the Sisters, and am looking forward to reading the follow-up.

9. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman – I have never read a book by Neil Gaiman, and have owned this one for quite some time. This book comes highly recommended.

10. Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes – Sounds like one of the better YA werewolf books, and I’m eager to read it.

I think I will try to read The Book Thief first – no more procrastinating! Have you read any of these books – which one do you think I should read first? What books do you resolve to read this year?

35 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Top 10 Books I Resolve to Read in 2011

1. Geosi says:

I would be looking out for your reading on the book thief. That book sounds interesting.

2. Amanda says:

Great list! There are quite a few of those I’d love to read, as well!

Hope you enjoy them all!
    –Another Book Junkie

3. Melanie says:

I’ve seen The Book Thief on a lot of lists today. It is really, really good! I would definitely recommend getting to that one.

I’d like to read Water for Elephants at some point, too.

4. Cicely says:

Great list! Clockwork Angel and Nevermore are brilliant! I’m reading Bleeding Violet now as well. It’s strange, but in a really good way 🙂 I hope you enjoy all the books when you get round to them!
    Thanks for visiting my blog 😀

5. Marce says:

I have 1 and 2 on my list also. I enjoyed Guardian of the Gate.

Here is my list

6. Ashley says:

I’ve also been meaning to read ‘The Book Thief’ … it just seems like one that SHOULD be read, or something of the sort.

I’m going to be reading ‘Inside Out’ for the same reason. I have it sitting here from the library, just need to read a couple of others first.

7. Patti Smith says:

The Book Thief is on my list as well 🙂 My daughter received Clockwork Angel for Christmas and I’m for sure going to steal it at the earliest possible convenience 🙂

8. I have Water for Elephants on my list too and I also want to read Nevermore. Been interested in that one for a little while now. I’ve read The Book Thief and although I liked it, I don’t seem to have liked it anywhere near as much as most people!

9. My husband and I listened to Graveyard Book on a recent trip and we both loved it. In fact, we didn’t quite finish it on the way home, so my husband suggested we listen to the last CD at home. Interesting.

10. AsherKnight says:

Now, you’ve got me interested in The Book Thief. Sounds familiar but can’t be sure. Clockwork Angel is just delicious and Raised by Wolves is another good one. As far as what to read, I’d say go with your gut and read The Book Thief… I’d love to see what you think of it.

Oh, before I leave, thanks so much for stopping by my blog! Good luck on your reading goals!

Asher K.

11. Andrea says:

The Graveyard Book and The Book Thief are some of my favorite books. 🙂

Here is my list if you are interested:

12. I have Bleeding Violet on my wishlist.. ;”)

Good luck with your goals – and much more fun with them!!

13. Thank you for commenting my list! I’ll leave you a comment here when I’ve revied Ash. ;”)

14. Hilde says:

Oh, I loved The Graveyard Book! I think it will be a great introduction to Gaiman (and then you can try Neverwhere afterwards). 🙂

15. Nevermore was definitely one of my 2010 favorites, so YAYYYYYYY. You have got to meet Varen, he’s excellent.

Also WATER FOR ELEPHANTS is awesome.

Plus The Book Thief, that’s some life changing stuff right there.

Awesome list.

16. Shanyn says:

I’ve seen The Book Thief on a ton of lists! I probably should have it on mine as well – I own a copy and still need to read.

17. florence says:

I loved The Book Thief, Water for Elephants and The Graveyard Book. I’ve actually read Water for Elephants twice (also can’t wait for the movie!) and I bought The Book Thief for a few people on my Christmas list last year. Enjoy!

1. Looks like those three are the popular choices 🙂 Will definitely make the time to read them! Hope you like the WFE movie as well as the book. It looks good! Thanks for your comment 🙂

18. Ani Sharmin says:

I have a copy of The Book Thief, too, and have been meaning to read it soon.

I’ve never read “The Graveyard Book”, but I have read his book “American Gods” and am in the middle of his short story collection “Smoke and Mirrors”. His writing is really enjoyable to read.

Have a great year!

1. Recently finished “Smoke and Mirrors” and absolutely loved it. The first Gamain I’ve read and it was awesome. I’ll definitely be getting my hands on “The Graveyard Book”.

1. I will have to check out Smoke and Mirrors. It sounds amazing! Thanks for the rec 🙂

2. Sounds like I’ve been missing out on reading all these great Neil Gaiman books! Thanks for the rec.

Hope you read a lot of good books this year!

19. mabsmith says:

The Book Thief is one of my favorite books ever; I hope you like it! Nevermore, Water for Elephants, and Raised by Wolves are on my list of books-to-be-read as well. I hope you get through all of these great books!

1. One of your favorites ever? I can’t wait to read it! Hope you have a great year of reading 🙂

20. antiqueshoes says:

water for elephants was really excellent!
    I definitely recommend that one! 🙂
    good luck with your challenges! I hope I can do well on mine as well.

1. I will read Water for Elephants in the next month or so – glad you enjoyed it!
      Best of luck to you on your goals. Thanks!

21. sterlingsop says:

I have read the Graveyard Book and thought it was wonderful. Brilliant concept and some rather dark humour in there, but altogether a fantastic read.

I look forward to hearing what you make of it when you have read it.

1. I’m excited to read the Graveyard book, especially after your comments. Will read it soon – thanks!

22. laavventura says:

Ive read The Book Theif and Water for Elephants. Both excellent books. Go for the Book Theif first…great novel! enjoy.

1. The consensus seems to be to read The Book Thief. I can’t wait to read it- thanks!

23. I had bought ‘The Book Thief’ two months back and have been procrastinating, too. Now I’m inspired to read it. And thank you for the list.

1. Great- I hope you enjoy it! Books lose some of their momentum for me if they sit on the shelf too long. I have had The Book Thief on my kindle for a while now and I am inspired to read it after hearing everyone’s comments.

24. […] I’ve never been a circus fan. However, I kept hearing how great it is and I added it to my top 10 list of books to read this year.  (Two down, eight to go) I ended up liking it quite a bit. The characters are well rounded and […]

Comments are closed.