Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by the nice folks at The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate- head on over to their blog and sign up.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Had Very Strong Emotions About. I noticed while making this list that I wish there were more books that made me laugh. It was much easier to come up with books that shocked me or made me cry.
In no particular order, these are some books I had strong emotions about:
2. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins – Such a shocker ending. I had strong reactions to all 3 books in the trilogy actually, but I remember being surprised by Catching Fire especially and the game changing ending. That was a long agonizing wait for Mockingjay.
3. Forbidden by Tabitha Suzuma – A gripping, powerful and heart wrenching read. This one’s sure to turn up on the “books outside my comfort zone” list too.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver – The ending of this book emotionally wrecked me and felt like a kick to the gut. I’m dying to know what happens next in the sequel Pandemonium.
5. A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness – So sad and beautiful. This is an excellent, original, and emotional book about the grieving process.
6. Living Dead Girl by Elizabeth Scott – Really horrifying and disturbing story about a child abduction. Still haunts me to this day.
7. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa – I was so sad with the emotionally charged ending, and couldn’t believe it was the series conclusion. I was very relieved the author decided to add The Iron Knight to the series.
8. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park – This book is a breath of fresh air, so witty, sweet and satisfying. I loved that the book had an older protagonist and an original and surprising story.
9. Graffiti Moon by Cath Crowley – I read this recently and haven’t posted a review yet, but it made a big impact on me. This is a great contemporary story that’s touching, emotional and powerful.
10. Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead – All of the Vampire Academy books have some surprises, but this one had one of the biggest gut-wrenching twist endings of the series.
What are some of the books you had strong emotions about?