Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by the nice folks at The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate- head on over to their blog and sign up.
This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Wish I Could Read Again for the First Time. These books are all special to me, but it’s hard to recapture the magic the second time around because of surprise endings or plot twists. I think the only one on this list I’ve actually re-read is The Hunger Games.
In no particular order, these are the books I wish I could read again for the first time:
2. Wither by Lauren DeStefano – There’s so much tension and suspense in this book. It would be such a different experience reading it again knowing how it will turn out.
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins – This book holds up very well through re-reads, but it’s hard to match the emotional punch of the first read.
4. Poison Study by Maria V. Snyder – A magical, emotional and romantic read that I’ve only read once.
5. If I Stay by Gayle Forman – A gut-wrenching read that I’m not sure would be the same once you know the ending.
6. Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead – I’ve devoured all these books, but it would be fun to revisit them sometime.
7. Shade series by Jeri Smith-Ready – One of my favorite recent YA paranormal series, though I’m not sure it would be the same reading it a second time.
8. The Near Witch by Victoria Schwab – Such a gorgeously written and exciting book. Wish I could experience it again with fresh eyes.
9. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – I listed Anna as a book I’d like to re-read recently, and I’d like to re-read the companion book again too.
10. Chime by Franny Billingsley – So many surprises when you first read this book. Would it be just as magical a second time?
What books do you wish you could read again for the first time?