Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish and features a new top ten list each week. This week’s topic is Top Ten Favorite Covers. This is a fun topic for me because I like shopping by cover. I pulled up the cover view on Goodreads and just jotted down the 2012 covers that stood out to me. Since many of the covers that caught my eye were fantasy books I went with that theme.
Listed in no particular order, here are 10 eye catching fantasy covers for 2012:
5. Defiance by C.J. Redwine – August 28th, Balzer & Bray, Fantasy. This cover is so gorgeous! The pose screams defiance and I like that you can see the building structure through the sheer fabric of the model’s dress.
6. Girl of Nightmares by Kendare Blake – August 7th, Tor Teen, sequel to Anna Dressed in Blood. This cover is so striking and I like how the red blood splotches from Anna has taken over the sequel’s cover entirely. Stunning!
7. The Treachery of Beautiful Things by Ruth Frances Long- August 16th, Dial Books, Fairies. Pretty with the flowers and the light coming through the trees.
8. Something Strange and Deadly by Susan Dennard – July 24th, HarperTeen, Zombies. Creepy! I like the black dress, the tree, and the subtle clockwork in the background.
9. Renegade by J.A. Souders – November 13th, Tor Teen, Dystopia. Beautiful and intriguing. It matches up rather well to the underwater dystopian concept.
10. Breathe by Sarah Crossan – October 2nd, Greenwillow, Dystopia. I like the color and texture, and it also looks very post-apocalyptic.
What are your favorite book covers?