Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. Happy Valentine’s week, dear readers! Last week we counted down the books that make you cry, and this week it’s all about the swoon factor. Honestly it was easier coming up with the books that made me cry, isn’t that weird? Here are ten books that made me swoon:
YA Travel themed:
1. The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith – This book takes place over 24-hours and features a romantic connection on an international flight.
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins – Perkins knows how to bring the swoons and it’s not surprise she’s featured twice on this list. The romance between St. Clair and Anna is even more special with the magical backdrop of Paris.
3. Amy & Roger’s Epic Detour by Morgan Matson – This road trip romance features two near-strangers getting to know each other through road trip playlists and twenty questions.
4. Just One Day by Gayle Forman – Can just one day in Paris change your life? Allyson and Willem’s day is unconventionally romantic but definitely transformative.
The Boy Next Door / Nice Guys:
5. My Life Next Door by Huntley Fitzpatrick – Such a great summer romance. Jase Garrett is the nicest guy and I’d like his awesome family to adopt me.
6. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins – Cricket Bell is a sweet, smart, tall guy and a snappy dresser. Lots of swoon-worthy moments between Lola and her neighbor Cricket.
7. Attachments by Rainbow Rowell – This book is just like a romantic comedy- the Y2K setting and Lincoln the IT guy falling for the girl whose email he’s monitoring. So cute.
8. Unearthly by Cynthia Hand – It’s easy to see why Clara fell for that sweet cowboy Tucker Avery.
9. The Story Guy by Mary Ann Rivers – This novella is about a teen librarian who answers a personals ad to meet a stranger once a week for a kissing date. It’s a sweet story with an emotional connection.
10. Night of Cake & Puppets by Laini Taylor – This Daughter of Smoke and Bone companion novella tells the story of a very magical and romantic first date. Pure gorgeousness.
What books make you swoon?