Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is sequels! I’m not reading as many series books as I used to so it was a stretch to get to ten this week. I only included sequels of books I’m up to date with, so I left off titles like the Lunar Chronicles, Mortal Instruments, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone, even though I fully intend to catch up. So many sequels, so little time!
These sequels are on my most wanted list:
1. Champion by Marie Lu – OK, this book is in my mailbox today, so I don’t really have to wait to get my hands on it! But, I’m not sure how quickly I’ll be able to read it. Hope Marie Lu doesn’t break my heart with the end of the Legend series!
2. Enders by Lissa Price – January 2014. I liked Starters, and finally the sequel (and final book?) is out in January.
3. The Treatment by Suzanne Young – April 2014. The second and final book in The Program series. I like these duologies!
4. Daylighters by Rachel Caine – The last Morganville Vampires book is finally out today!
5. The Fiery Heart by Richelle Mead – November 19. Pre-ordered this one…can’t wait for the next book in the Bloodlines series! And this installment has Adrian’s pov.
6. Beautiful Beginning by Christina Lauren – November 18. This is a novella in the Beautiful series, but I’m reading Beautiful Player now and eager to read what’s next. I think there will be a fourth book after this one.
7. Before Jamaica Lane by Samantha Young – January 2014. Book three in the On Dublin Street series, one of my favorite romance series – so good!
8. Believe by Erin McCarthy – January 2014, cover coming soon. The third book in the True Believers series is about party girl Robin and bad boy Phoenix. This NA series is so fun.
9. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins – May 2014. I think this is on my list every year! I will happily read this one when it’s ready.
10. Encore by Tara Kelly – 2014 TBD, cover coming soon. This is a companion to Amplified, and was just picked up by Entangled Teen. Amplified is about the band C-Side, and in the companion book we get to see life on the road. Due out in 2014, there’s no cover yet.
Edited to add:
Still Point by Katie Kacvinsky – The final book in the Awaken trilogy is out Fall 2014- can’t wait!
Play by Kylie Scott (Lick/Stage Dive series book #2) – E-book due April 2014. This 4-book series from Australian author Scott now has a US home with St. Martin’s Press. (http://momentumbooks.com.au/blog/kylie-scott-stage-dive/)
Rhiannon by David Levithan – Just found out that Every Day is getting a companion book! We have a little wait for this one- it’s due out in 2015.
Do you prefer series books or standalone? What sequels are on your most wanted list?