Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is Favorite new-to-me Authors of the year! I didn’t read a ton of new-to-me authors this year, but the ones I read certainly made an impression. Authors are listed in alphabetical order below:
1. Cora Carmack – I can’t believe I first read Losing It this year- and three of Cormack’s other books! Such a rising star in New Adult! And she has a new series starting up next year- can’t wait.
2. Bill Konigsberg – Just based on Openly Straight alone Bill Konigsberg has earned favorite status. Hmmm, I should pick up his other book, Out of the Pocket.
3. Alex London – Proxy is a great find, a smart dystopia with a gay lead character. I’m so looking forward to reading the sequel Guardian next year.
4. Erin McCarthy – Erin McCarthy’s True Believers NA series launched this year and I’ll have read three of the books before the year is out. Fabulous NA series!
5. Meg Medina – Yaqui Delgado Wants to Kick Your Ass is not Medina’s debut novel but it’s the first that came to my attention. Thank you, banned books week for shining a light on this wonderful book!
6. Carrie Mesrobian – Sex & Violence is a stellar debut, really, go read it. And I can’t wait to read Perfectly Good White Boy next year.
7. Jojo Moyes – I’ve only read Me Before You by Moyes, so I have a few books to catch up on! And her (July) 2014 book The One Plus One looks good.
8. Emily Murdoch – If You Find Me is one of my favorite books of the year, and I hear her next book is called Forget Me Knots, and I’m desperate to find out more about it.
9. Matthew Quick – I got introduced to Quick through Silver Linings Playbook, but I’ve since read Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock, and soon The Good Luck of Right Now. Good stuff!
Who are your favorite author discoveries of the year?