Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Feel as Though Everyone Has Read But Me

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish featuring a new top ten list each week. Everyone can participate- head on over to their blog and sign up.

This week’s topic is Top Ten Books I Feel as Though Everyone Has Read But Me. There’s tons of books I haven’t had a chance to read yet, and these are just some of the ones that I thought of first. As time goes by, it gets more daunting to consider starting an older series when there are so many books to catch up on. All of these books and authors interest me, and I hope to get to them at some point.

In no particular order, these are the books I’m the last on the block to read:

2. Jellicoe Road by Melina Marchetta – Everyone loves this book and this author, so this is probably the number one book I would like to catch up on

3. Any book by Sarah Dessen – Again, this author has a huge number of fans, and as someone who enjoys contemporary reads it’s time to find out what I’ve been missing.

4. Any book by Scott Westerfeld – The Uglies series, Leviathan series, I haven’t read any of them. I slunk by this author at Comic-Con as everyone else waited in line to get their books signed. I own the Uglies series so that is probably the one I’ll get to first.

5. The Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson – I think I put off starting this series because of all the hype and I just wasn’t sure it was my thing. I may read or listen to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo before the movie comes out though.

6. Looking for Alaska by John Green – Or Paper Towns, for that matter! The only book I’ve read by this author is Will Grayson, Will Grayson, co-authored by David Levithan. I own LFA and look forward to reading it.

7. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare – I’ve owned this book since it’s release date, and I’m a fan of The Mortal Instruments series, but I still haven’t started this book. Maybe before Clockwork Prince comes out in December?

8. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak – This book has over 110k ratings on Goodreads so clearly I am one of the last to read this book. I own the kindle edition and recently checked out the audiobook from the library so one way or another I will get to it soon.

9. A Game of Thrones / A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin – I haven’t watched the HBO series either but this is supposed to be an amazing fantasy series and I hope to check it out sometime.

10. The Fever series by Karen Marie Moning – Every time one of these books is released I see the buzz on Goodreads and it makes me curious to read them.

Did any of these make your list? What books do you feel everyone has read before you?

16 thoughts on “Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Feel as Though Everyone Has Read But Me

1. I haven’t read any of these except for Harry Potter!

My Top 10 Tuesday!

2. I avoided Dessen books thinking that the covers (which are awesome) told me they were cheesy romances. Luckily I won one & they are awesome. Don’t wait any longer.

Top Ten http://t.co/NPJUk2vl

3. Jan von Harz says:

OMG I loved the Fever series and highly recommend it. I actually listen to all the books. I still need to read Jellicoe Road too.

4. Michele says:

I’m with you on the Sarah Dessen books.. but OMG you haven’t read Harry Potter?? AT ALL??

5. Alison says:

Don’t feel too bad. I only recently started reading The Uglies series. I just read the Book Thief this summer because it was required for one of my classes. The rest (besides HP) I haven’t read. You’re not alone.

6. Except for HP, which I have read, my eyes haven’t touched the words on any of the others! I think we’d be surprised who hasn’t read what!

7. Jackie FM says:

I highly recommend the Book Thief… excellent for both the adults and teens in your life.

8. sterlingsop says:

I have started to read the Game of Thrones twice now and seem to only get so far into it before I get bogged down so don’t worry that you are missing out! There are an awful lot of names to get used to, and because it is a fantasy series, the names of people and locations are all completely made up so they don’t exactly trip off the tongue and it makes reading them a bit of task and a half.

Great list though – I’m going to go and work on my own list right now!

9. Jellicoe Road is on my list as well! I really want to read it, but my book ban is preventing me.

Books of Amber

10. Alissa says:

Jellicoe Road is so, so, so good. You must try it. :]

11. Ahh, you need to get to some of these pronto!! 😉 Seriously, though. ‘Jellicoe Road’ is BEYOND amazing and Sarah Dessen is one of my favourites. I really enjoy Scott Westerfeld’s books as well… I’ve read most of them, I think, except for ‘Peeps’ and ‘So Yesterday’. ‘Clockwork Angel’ was really good. At first I thought Will was way too Jace-like and he sort of is, but Tessa is a great character and I adored Jem. I like the connections with the MI books but it was a bit different as well, which was great.

12. VioletCrush says:

OMG you have to the Book Thief. It’s a pretty short book.

13. bookchelle says:

This is a good post! I have several books that others have read and I haven’t. I’ve only read some of these books recently, also. I suggest start with Jellicoe Road. Melina Marchetta is awesome, and I only found out several months ago.

14. Nicole says:

I still have yet to read The Millennium trilogy by Stieg Larsson. I’m a bit iffy about it…it sounds interesting but there are a lot of mixed reviews on that one. And I’ve actually yet to read a novel by John Green, fail on my part!

Can’t wait to finally start The Mortal Instruments series…as soon as my current pile of books goes down in size, that is.

Happy reading!

15. Jen D. says:

With the exception of the Fever series, I haven’t read any of those either. You are not alone. 😉

16. I’ve read HP, the first in the Fever series, and two of the Millinium series, but the others I’m still waiting to get around to. *sighs* It seems we all have huge reading lists. 🙂