To commemorate Valentine’s Day, this week’s topic is Top Ten Books That Broke Your Heart A Little.
Listed in no particular order:
5. We’ll Always Have Summer by Jenny Han – The final book in the Summer trilogy. The series is defined by a love triangle of a girl torn between two brothers, and each book breaks your heart a little.
6. Mockingjay / The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins – Although I don’t think this series is defined by the love triangle, there are certainly heartbreaking moments in terms of romance and great loss.
7. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver – A series of life do-overs becomes more meaningful and heart breaking each time.
8. The Iron Queen by Julie Kagawa – Meghan and Ash’s epic romance is pushed to the limits in this nail biter.
9. Blood Promise / Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead – Hard to choose which of the books in the series is the most heartbreaking. Ms. Mead knows how to bring on the angst in this vampire series that’s a cut above the rest.
10. Hallowed by Cynthia Hand – Love triangles bring on the heartbreak, and this book is no exception. A melancholy, emotional read all around.
What books break your heart?