Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature from The Broke and the Bookish. This week we are talking about hyped books. I do fall for the hype machine, and read books like Girl on the Train, Gone Girl, Outlander, and the latest book adaptations. Still, there are plenty of hyped books I haven’t read yet and this week I’m focusing on those books I haven’t read yet but plan to. I own almost all of these so there is no excuse!
Top Ten Hyped Books I’ve Never Read (But Want To)
by Andy Weir
– I have the audiobook, I’ve seen the movie trailer, and all my book friends love it- time to get to it, finally!
All the Light We Cannot See
by Anthony Doerr
– This 2015 Pulitzer Prize winner has been on my radar for awhile, and I checked it out from the library recently but didn’t read it before it expired. I will read it someday though!
by Emily St. John Mandel
– Andrew reviewed this one for the blog. I have a copy of the audiobook and have been meaning to give it a listen.
The Kind Worth Killing
by Peter Swanson
– This psychological thriller is a modern re-imagining of Strangers on a Train
– I’m very curious, indeed!
by Naomi Novik
– Fantasy is not my favorite genre but after seeing so many raves I’m curious about this one.
A Court of Thorns and Roses
by Sarah J. Maas
– I love Maas’ other series so I don’t know why I haven’t read this one yet, and plus I own it in print and audio. It is the first book of a trilogy though, so if I wait to read it then the wait for the sequel is not as long!
P.S. I Still Love You
by Jenny Han
– I preordered this one but haven’t read it yet. The first book is really cute and ended on a cliffhanger so I really should read this to see how things shake out.
by Elle Kennedy
– The Off-Campus
trilogy has a lot of fans and I’m planning to make it my next New Adult series to read.
by Colleen Hoover
and Tarryn Fisher
– Hoover is one of my favorites of the NA world so it’s surprising that I haven’t started this series yet!
Have you read any of these? Which ones are worth the hype?